Erica King – Founder Of Running Divas Australia
Founder Erica King is changing women’s lives one run at a time. She is inspiring women of all ages and running ability to achieve what they previously thought was impossible.
Erica is breaking through her own comfort zone and pushing the boundaries of human endurance to show women of all ages that if I can do it you can too. To celebrate Erica’s 50th Birthday in 2014, rather than a cake and balloons, she ran 12 marathons in 12 months.
Fast-forward, 30 Marathons later and today, Erica motivates, supports and trains women all over the world to achieve their own fantastic goals.
- Started in 2010 as a hobby to provide a resource for women that run
- Dec 2016 launched an online membership
- Currently, have 18 Ambassadors located Australia wide and Canada
- Ambassadors attend events nearly every weekend somewhere in the country to either run or support our members
- Our distinctive run tops means that Divas out on course receive ‘lots of love’ which lifts their spirits
Running Divas is an online women’s running community
Via our membership program.
We have built a community of women runners that support, encourage and motivate each other to be the best version of themselves.
Along with our extensive bank of training programs, nutrition, women’s specific run articles, and our explosion onto social media Running Divas has gone from strength to strength.
Our presence at events around Australia has soared with record numbers of Running Divas entering events.
2018 is shaping up to be our best year yet. With our community setting goals to run either their first event or a new distance to their first ultra marathon. We are ready to support them in every way possible.
We have grown significantly over the past 12 months with even further development ahead.
Our members actively participate in all types of road and trail events around Australia, New Zealand and the world.
Our online community is super strong with incredible daily motivation, support and inspiration
- Bachelor of Training and Development – B.T&D Melbourne
- Graduate Diploma of Psychology
- MBTI Accred
- Cert III – Group Fitness
- Cert IV – Personal Training
- Instructor Power plate – Level 1 and Level 2
- Certificate – Sports Nutrition (Sports Dieticians Australia)
- Instructor – Skipit Fit
- Instructor – Cycle Excel Level 1
- Instructor – 84 Day Body Challenge
- Certificate of Anthropometry – Level 1
- Certificate of Running Technique – Level 1 and Level 2
- Certificate of Altitude Training – Level 1
- Cross fit Endurance Trainer
- Cross fit Level 1 Trainer
- Sports Nutrition Specialist (International Sports Dieticians Association)
- Sports Nutrition Certificate (International Sports Science Association)
- Nutrition Wellness Consultant Certification (American Fitness Professionals Association)
- Sports Nutrition Consultant Certification (American Fitness Professionals Association)
- Weight Management Consultant Certification (American Fitness Professionals Association)
- Master Nutrition Certification (American Fitness Professionals Association)
- TRX Suspension Trainer
- Nutritional Psychology
- Diploma of Nutrition & Dietetics
- Certificates – Intermediate and Advanced Recreational Run Coach Athletics Victoria
- Completed all World Major Marathons – New York, Boston, London, Berlin, Chicago, Tokyo
- Completed Marathons – 30 in total so far
- Coached in small groups and online many women from around Australia with different levels of running experience to achieve new running goals
- Coaching and assisting many women from around Australia to make real and lasting nutritional changes that have positively impacted on their lives
- Erica celebrated her 50th Birthday in 2014 by running 12 Marathons in 12 Months – a wonderful journey.
- Erica ran 9 marathons in 2017 – one in each State and Territory of Australia plus a 3rd Boston Marathon to support her friend Kathrine Switzer celebrate the 50th Anniversary of being the first woman to officially run the Boston Marathon
Our community is based on helping each other excel and reach our running goals.
Scientifically validated training plans that are proven to work.
Dr Ursula King – Medical Consultant For Running Divas Australia
BMed, MCommHlth, PhD, DCH, FACRRM
Dr Ursula King is an Australian medical practitioner who combines her work in emergency medicine, with advice, training and co-ordination in outdoor event safety, injury
prevention/management, and nutrition. A member of the international Wilderness Medical Society, and Australasian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine, Ursula is also a Fellow of the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine, and a trauma course instructor with the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons. Ursula provides on-site endurance medic support, and has been a contributor for Running Divas Australia with online injury advice and sports medicine articles.
This Year Ursula is co-convening the first national trail running conference to be held in conjunction with The North Face 100 endurance event in May, 2015, in the Blue Mountains, Australia.
With an ongoing enthusiasm for sea kayaking and mountain hand cycling, Ursula has represented Australia in basketball and tennis, and medaled (sliver and bronze) in swimming at the 1984 Paralympics. Having presented at numerous national and international conferences, including a TED talk, and known as an engaging facilitator, Ursula brings a depth and breadth of knowledge to engaging in the health and well-being space from both the practitioner and participant perspectives. A particular interest is building capacity for challenging, safe and enjoyable participation in outdoor events at all ages and stages of life.