Your Story By Brooke Brennan
I started running in late Sept last year, I had NEVER run before.
- In fact I had avoided running at every opportunity, I never even did school sports or school cross country races, I was just an excellent cheerleader!
- I have lost 47kgs during my fitness project, almost 20kgs since I started running.
- I started doing a Learn to Run program last October and could barely make 1 or 2kms in total, let alone run the whole thing.
- I have now run 5km races, have actively challenged myself and travelled to run, I have committed to training plans and have definitely improved.
- The first time I ran 5kms it took me 77 mins, now I can run 5km under 40 mins.
- I have been supported by so many people, who were always so wonderful and ready with a pep talk.
Running has made me smile, and made me cry.
Running has changed who I am, how I feel, how I treat my body and how I feel about my body.
- Today I ran 10kms for the first time ever in my training plan, I ran 99% of it and any tiny walk break was no more than 20 steps. I loved it, I felt empowered, I felt strong. I felt like a runner.
Thanks for letting me share my story.