Lower Body Workouts to Improve your Endurance and Technique
Here are a few quick exercises, which are all you need to get a strong lower body. Lower body strength training can improve running economy and how efficiently the body uses energy.
“Your enthusiasm is infectious and I am sure the whole experience wouldn't have been the same without your input!” – Donna J
Why is Strength Training good for Runners?
Strength training is great for runners in the following way:
- Increases the strength of muscles used during running.
- Run better and more comfortably.
- Avoid injuries and be a stronger runner.
- Can increase speed, endurance, and overall performance.
Running Divas Membership – Our Running for Beginners Training Plan Includes:
- Training: a detailed week-by-week running for beginners training plan to help you meet your goals. Plus comprehensive strength and conditioning training programs to complement your running.
- Nutrition and hydration: general guidelines to help you find the right balance for you. Plus hydration strategies for every stage of your training and racing.
- Injury prevention and management: includes recovery, stretching and rehab guidelines.
- Women's health: lots of topics that affect us as women who run and how to work through them.
- Positive mind strategies: positive mind techniques to replace the negatives you have about yourself and your abilities.
Strength Training Extra – our Strength Extra Includes:
- Workouts: upper, lower, core and full body workouts.
- Video: learn for good form with awesome online videos.
- Levels: beginner, intermediate and advanced workouts. Rehab and Maintenance included.
- Duration: varying length workouts from 4 to 14 weeks.
- Downloads: down your strength program if you prefer the paper version.
Nutrition Extra add-on – Our Running for Beginners Training Plan Includes:
- Menu plans: nutritional programs for staying healthy through each phase of your training. Lots of dietary preferences are catered for so finding what works best for you is easy.
- Recipes: for every meal of the day, with lots of options and dietary preferences.
- Grocery shopping lists: convenient ingredient lists so you can quickly get everything you need to turbocharge your training.
Membership Benefits Include:
- Unlimited access to a full range of training programs ranging from beginner to ultra marathon.
- Day-by-day training sessions for running, strength exercises and cross training.
- Lots of positive mindset coaching strategies.
- Anything and everything you need to know to run well at any age and level of running experience.
- Over 300 articles specifically written for Running Divas by qualified female health professionals.
- Support of our online community via a closed Facebook group.
- A comprehensive range of nutritional programs, healthy eating strategies, meal plans, recipes (Nutrition Extra add on).